Monday 17 March 2014

Drawing Project 2014...installation Piece...

I've become more and more interested in installation pieces and decided to include a piece for my major project continuing on from the book of drawings around town.
This piece is all about the environment around us and brings that environment and elements of it into the exhibition space. I wanted to take the original drawing back to its basic elements. Straight lines, no detail and very minimal as opposed to the actual scene I was recording which was very busy and complicated. I didn't want the work to be obvious when viewed and I want the piece to raise questions of what it actually is and what it means but, once realised, to then raise questions of whats happening around us through over development and the fact that we build on every available piece of land.

I like the idea of looking through a window onto both the present and the past.

The use of a lamp in the piece makes it quite hard to photograph and it really needs to be seen in the space.

 'Destruction, Renewal.'  
Corrugated Plastic, wood, acetate, technical pen, nails, cement, light bulb and cable.  100cm x 90cm.  March 2014. 

    Detail of 'Destruction, Renewal'.

                            Detail of 'Destruction, Renewal'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment