Friday 17 January 2014

Street photography...

I've always liked the way images can sometimes present themselves to you if you just keep your eyes open and look for interesting images from everyday situations in the real world.
The urge to make photographs always make me head in a different direction. Sometimes I'll change my route and head a different way. If an alleyway looks interesting or dirty or an open door presents itself or a building looks derelict, I'll be drawn towards it.
This kind of work, Street photography, has been around as long as camera's have been available and just a simple walk can throw up endless possibilities for the photographer.
I like the grittiness of the phone images and the way it adds definition and grain and the over-saturation of the colours.
Its a project that I've just started and I want to carry on with it, grabbing interesting images with my phone as I walk past them in the street. Its a simple project as far as carrying it out goes, the only thing holding back a street photographer is the fear of actually taking the shots,
"If your photo's aren't good enough, your not close enough" Robert Capa.
I need to narrow it down and choose a subject matter to concentrate on as the project builds and aim towards a set rather than a random selection.
The colours, textures, people, situations and environment of the city of Leicester need to be explored, recorded and documented for my own satisfaction.






























No comments:

Post a Comment