Sunday 27 October 2013

Drawing project...The Journey.

Kibworth is a village steeped in history.
Each street, building and field has its own story running through the centuries.
Slowly the town is becoming modernised. Old buildings, cottages and farm houses are losing their originality and being modernised by new owners.
The church and grounds are full of ancient tombs and graves, crumbling away into the earth and being smothered by overgrowing shrubs and trees.
I've lived here for two years now and this is a chance for me to learn about my new surroundings.
My 'Journey' is a stroll around the town, a walk through the present and the past, and an investigation into the history of Kibworth.



















This project will hopefully advance my drawing skills and photography skills with each image I produce. My drawing sometimes lacks depth and look a bit flat and this is something I need to concentrate on but I intend to develop this project both through my drawing lessons and in my own time as a personal project. I want to experiment with different styles of drawing including sketches, detailed drawings, abstracts, using charcoal, paint, washes etc until I find a style I really like and can progress further. 
kibworth history is really interesting and something I'd like to document whilst I live here. I want to try and show what's happening here in the present but capture the old mood and feeling that surrounds the village. A strength of mine is my photographs which will play a big part in this project and I intend to produce a series of portraits of older residents and how/where they live. 
The lady who owns the house with the clock tower turned 100 last week 
(possible first target?).










No comments:

Post a Comment