Friday 29 November 2013

Drawing...Journey Project...'6th Barn Interior...

'6th Barn Interior'... Black Marker Pen On Found Glass shower Panel...5ft x 2.5ft...

'6th barn interior' was a chance piece of artwork made as I walked the journey I've been concentrating on for my project. I've been looking at the old, abandoned barns that are scattered around the fields in Kibworth.
At this particular one I had the idea to take some drawing instruments (pencils, pens etc) and draw on whatever interesting things presented themselves to me along the way. I really like the idea of just stumbling onto something I can re-use and make into something new.
At the entrance to this particular barn someone had fly-tipped some house renovation rubbish including this glass shower panel, which was the perfect canvas.
I simply lifted the panel onto the wall it was leaning against and looking through the glass I drew what I saw in front of me. The drawing had to be done with one eye closed as looking at the interior of the barn through the glass at the same time as the pen running along the surface of the glass was sending me cross eyed! I also had to work quickly as the evening light was fading and the darker corners and distant details were disappearing into blackness.

I really like this drawing as I've recorded an interior barn landscape onto something that was part of the landscape to begin with.
I've used 'what was there' to record 'what was there'.
The size of the panel is perfect for the landscape format and the grimy, dirty, metal surround works great as a frame. I've fixed white paper onto the rear of the panel to highlight the drawing and bring out the detail.






No comments:

Post a Comment