Monday 25 November 2013

Print...Expanding the idea...

Accumulation and dispersion....
The electrical installation piece turned out exactly as I expected it, If not better, but I want to take each of my projects as far as I can so decided to expand the idea even further.
The electrical dispersion happening around us all the time was what I wanted to concentrate on. Cables run everywhere hidden behind walls and electricity flows through them feeding literally everything we do.
We as consumers just take this for granted and We, as a nation, are bleeding the resources dry.
Through this installation piece I wanted to create an environment to explore the continuity of the cables and the way they interact with each other in the space. Some cables run through the structure of the wall itself and reconnect as they emerge back through the paint. Each entry point has a trickle of blood running from it, suggesting the way we are bleeding the resources available to us.
I'm pleased with this piece and surprised at the way (through a massive accumulation of experimental work) I've ended up with an installation piece as part of my print project but I need to explore more along the lines of what power means to us, how it controls us, we almost worship it like a religion.

To be continued..............





No comments:

Post a Comment