Monday 4 November 2013

Experimental drawings for the Journey project.

Kids see everything as an adventure, mystery or exploration.
Every colour is brighter. Noises are louder. Dark sheds and barns are places that need to be explored, sometimes nervously as the mind races with ideas of what might be inside.
I tried to capture this through the brightness of the 'sharpie' pens and the style I drew in and I wanted the images to have an innocence all of their own.
The messiness, overgrown look and movement in the fields, sheds and outbuildings comes across through the scribbled lines and soft edges.
I like the idea of invoking a nostalgic feeling through the drawings and the idea of a story or event. Each picture is A2 in size and I think the next step might be to make them longer, maybe 3 pieces of A2 together in a panoramic landscape?










No comments:

Post a Comment